What is this metric?
The amount of time it takes a requirement to deliver.
Why is it important?
- Analyze key projects and critical points, identify good/to-be-improved practices that affect requirement lead time, and reduce the risk of delays
- Focus on the end-to-end velocity of value delivery process; coordinate different parts of R&D to avoid efficiency shafts; make targeted improvements to bottlenecks.
Which dashboard(s) does it exist in
- Community Experience
How is it calculated?
This metric equals to
created_date of issues in type "REQUIREMENT".
This metric relies on issues collected from Jira, GitHub, or TAPD.Transformation Rules Required
This metric relies on the 'type-requirement' configuration in Jira, GitHub or TAPD transformation rules to let DevLake know what CI builds/jobs can be regarded as
How to improve?
- Analyze the trend of requirement lead time to observe if it has improved over time.
- Analyze and compare the requirement lead time of each project/team to identify key projects with abnormal lead time.
- Drill down to analyze a requirement's staying time in different phases of SDLC. Analyze the bottleneck of delivery velocity and improve the workflow.