- Docker v19.03.10+
- Golang v1.19+
- GNU Make- Mac (Preinstalled) - Windows: [Download](http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/make.htm) - Ubuntu: `sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev`
How to setup dev environment
The following guide will walk through how to run DevLake's frontend (
config-ui) and backend in dev mode.
Navigate to where you would like to install this project and clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/apache/incubator-devlake
Install dependencies for plugins:
Install Go packages
Copy the sample config file to new local file:
cp .env.example .env
Update the following variables in the file
Start the MySQL and Grafana containers:
Make sure the Docker daemon is running before this step.
docker-compose up -d mysql grafana
config-uiin dev mode in two separate terminals:
# run devlake
# run config-ui
For common errors, please see Troubleshooting.
Config UI is running at
- For how to use Config UI, please refer to our tutorial
# install mockery
go install github.com/vektra/mockery/v2@latest
# generate mocking stubs
# run tests
Please refer to the Migration Doc.
Using DevLake API
All DevLake APIs (core service + plugin API) are documented with swagger. To see API doc live with swagger:
- Install [swag](https://github.com/swaggo/swag).
- Run `make swag` to generate the swagger documentation.
- Visit `http://localhost:8080/swagger/index.html` while `devlake` is running.
To access Grafana, click View Dashboards button in the top left corner of Config UI, or visit
For provisioning, customizing, and creating dashboards, please refer to our Grafana Doc.
Q: Running `make dev` yields error: `libgit2.so.1.3: cannot open share object file: No such file or directory`
A: `libgit2.so.1.3` is required by the gitextractor plugin and should be . Make sure your program can find `libgit2.so.1.3`. `LD_LIBRARY_PATH` can be assigned like this if your `libgit2.so.1.3` is located at `/usr/local/lib`:
Note that the version has to be pinned to 1.3.0. If you don't have it, you may need to build it manually with CMake from [source](https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/releases/tag/v1.3.0).
- Compile all plugins: `make build-plugin`
- Compile specific plugins: `PLUGIN=<PLUGIN_NAME> make build-plugin`
- Compile server: `make build`
- Compile worker: `make build-worker`