Install via Docker Compose
- Docker v19.03.10+
- docker-compose v2.2.3+ (If you have Docker Desktop installed then you already have the Compose plugin installed)
- Commands written
like thisare to be run in your terminal.
NOTE：Before 3, make sure your
.env file has read/write permissions set for the current user in your machine, else the API-Server will not start properly
env.examplefrom latest release page into a folder.
.env. For Mac/Linux users, please run
mv env.example .envin the terminal. This file contains the environment variables that the Devlake server will use. Additional ones can be found in the compose file(s).
docker-compose up -dto launch DevLake.
Collect data and view dashboards
http://localhost:4000in your browser to configure DevLake and collect data.
- Please follow the tutorial
devlakecontainer takes a while to fully boot up. If
config-uicomplains about API being unreachable, please wait a few seconds and refresh the page.
- To view dashboards, click View Dashboards button in the top left corner, or visit
- We use Grafana to visualize the DevOps data and build dashboards.
- For how to customize and provision dashboards, please see our Grafana doc.
Upgrade to a newer version
Support for database schema migration was introduced to DevLake in v0.10.0. From v0.10.0 onwards, users can upgrade their instance smoothly to a newer version. However, versions prior to v0.10.0 do not support upgrading to a newer version with a different database schema.