What is this metric?
The time it takes to complete a code review of a PR before it gets merged.
Why is it important?
Code review should be conducted almost in real-time and usually take less than two days. Abnormally long PR Review Time may indicate one or more of the following problems:
- The PR size is too large that makes it difficult to review.
- The team is too busy to review code.
Which dashboard(s) does it exist in?
- Engineering Throughput and Cycle Time
- Engineering Throughput and Cycle Time - Team View
How is it calculated?
This metric is the time frame between when the first comment is added to a PR, to when the PR is merged.Data Sources Required
This metric relies on PR/MRs collected from GitHub or GitLab.Transformation Rules Required
How to improve?
- Use DevLake's dashboards to monitor your delivery progress;
- Use automated tests for the initial work;
- Reduce PR size;
- Analyze the causes for long reviews.