DevLake has joined the Apache Incubator and is aiming to become a top-level project. To achieve this goal, the Apache DevLake (Incubating) community will continue to make efforts in helping development teams to analyze and improve their engineering productivity. In the 2022 Roadmap, we have summarized three major goals followed by the feature breakdown to invite the broader community to join us and grow together.
- As a dev data analysis application, discover and implement 3 (or even more!) usage scenarios:
- A collection of metrics to track the contribution, quality and growth of open-source projects
- DORA metrics for DevOps engineers
- To be decided (let us know if you have any suggestions!)
- As dev data infrastructure, provide robust data collection modules, customizable data models, and data extensibility.
- Design better user experience for end-users and contributors.
Apache DevLake is currently under rapid development. You are more than welcome to use the following table to explore your intereted features and make contributions. We deeply appreciate the collective effort of our community to make this project possible!
|More data sources across different DevOps domains (Goal No.1 & 2)||Features in bold are of higher priority |
|Improved data collection, data models and data extensibility (Goal No.2)||Data Collection: |
|Better user experience (Goal No.3)||For new users: |
How to Influence the Roadmap
A roadmap is only useful when it captures real user needs. We are glad to hear from you if you have specific use cases, feedback, or ideas. You can submit an issue to let us know! Also, if you plan to work (or are already working) on a new or existing feature, tell us, so that we can update the roadmap accordingly. We are happy to share knowledge and context to help your feature land successfully.