Step 1 - Add Data Connections
Name your connection.
This should be a valid REST API endpoint
- If you are using Jira Cloud, the endpoint will be
- If you are self-hosting Jira v8+, the endpoint will look like
https://jira.<mydomain>.com/rest/The endpoint url should end with
Username / Email
Input the username or email of your Jira account.
- If you are using Jira Cloud, please input the Jira personal access token.
- If you are using Jira Server v8+, please input the password of your Jira account.
Proxy URL (Optional)
If you are behind a corporate firewall or VPN you may need to utilize a proxy server. Enter a valid proxy server address on your network, e.g.
Test and Save Connection
Test Connection, if the connection is successful, click
Save Connection to add the connection.
Step 2 - Setting Data Scope
Choose the Jira boards to collect.
Usually, you don't have to modify this part. However, if you don't want to collect certain Jira entities, you can unselect some entities to accerlerate the collection speed.
- Issue Tracking: Jira issues, issue comments, issue labels, etc.
- Cross Domain: Jira accounts, etc.
Step 3 - Adding Transformation Rules (Optional)
Without adding transformation rules, you can not view all charts in "Jira" or "Engineering Throughput and Cycle Time" dashboards.
Each Jira board has at most ONE set of transformation rules.
- Requirement: choose the issue types to be transformed to "REQUIREMENT".
- Bug: choose the issue types to be transformed to "BUG".
- Incident: choose the issue types to be transformed to "INCIDENT".
- Epic Key: choose the custom field that represents Epic key. In most cases, it is "Epic Link".
- Story Point: choose the custom field that represents story points. In most cases, it is "Story Points".
- Remotelink Commit SHA: parse the commits from an issue's remote links by the given regular expression so that the relationship between
commitscan be created. You can directly use the regular expression
Step 4 - Setting Sync Frequency
You can choose how often you would like to sync your data in this step by selecting a sync frequency option or enter a cron code to specify your prefered schedule.